Low-Carb Sandwich Thins (Grain- & Gluten-Free)
I split these in half to use as “buns” or sandwich thins. For an easy veggie boost, add a few chopped broccoli florets, bell peppers and/or spinach leaves to each muffin cup prior to filling with batter, and then bake as directed.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites (1/2 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with parchment paper liners.
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Refrigerate.