Not just for breakfast, these delicious cookies are a healthy treat any time of day. For sweeter cookies, use riper bananas.
- 2 large ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter or other nut/seed butter
- 2 Tbs low-fat milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups quick oats
- 4 Tbs ground flaxseed (choose golden flaxseed–not dark brown–for a lighter taste)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts, raisins, dried fruit or mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add peanut butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until firm. Makes about 24 cookies.
Per cookie: 60 calories, 3 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g trans), 28 mg sodium, 1 g fibre, 3 g sugar, 2 g protein
- To make bars instead of cookies, spoon batter into an 8-inch oiled or lined baking dish. Bake 25 minutes.