Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 1 cup oat flour (see Tips)
- 2 Tbs ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 3 packets stevia (equivalent to 2 Tbs sugar), or to taste
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 egg whites (½ cup liquid egg whites)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk or cold water)
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients. Stir in pumpkin, egg whites and milk or water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat to medium. Pour ¼ cup mounds of batter in skillet; cook until edges are dry and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Flip; cook 1 minute more.
- Top with fruit, Greek yogurt or pumpkin pie spread. Makes 8 pancakes.
Per pancake: 79 calories, 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g trans), 52 mg sodium, 3 g fibre, 0 g sugar, 4 g protein
Tips & Variations:
- To make oat flour, process oats in a blender or food processor to a flour consistency.
- To boost the protein, swap 1/2 cup protein powder for oat flour. (I like Isapro.)
- Substitute 1 small mashed banana for pumpkin.
- Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter.