Pink Ginger Lemonade (Nature’s Gatorade!)
This refreshing drink is from Caroline Dupont’s cookbook Enlightened Eating. Not only does it look pretty and taste great, but it’s excellent for the liver and for digestion. It’s a super workout drink, too—an all-natural Gatorade! Make a big batch and keep in the fridge to enjoy all week.
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 lemons, peeled and chopped
- 1 pear or apple, cored
- ½ cup strawberries or raspberries
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1-2” piece ginger
- 3 Tbs maple syrup (or stevia to taste)
- Add ingredients to a blender; blend 1-2 minutes.
- Strain through a medium-fine strainer.
- Chill. Garnish with berries if desired.