Skinny Iced Vanilla Almond Coffee
- 1½ cups cold brewed coffee (see Tips)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (I prefer Almond Fresh; the Almond Breeze brand tends to curdle in drinks.)
- ¼ tsp vanilla or other extract (e.g., peppermint, almond)
- 1 packet stevia blend, or to taste
- Few shakes cinnamon (optional)
- Coffee ice cubes (see Tips)
- In a shaker bottle or jar, add coffee, milk, vanilla, stevia and cinnamon.
- Shake! Pour into a tall glass over ice. Serves 1.
- Enjoy with Two-Minute Banana Bread or Pumpkin Spice Pancakes for a better-than-Starbucks breakfast!
Per serving: 25 calories, 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g trans), 97 mg sodium, 1 g fibre, 0 g sugar, 1 g protein
Tips & Variations:
- Keep a pitcher of brewed coffee in the fridge. I use 1 heaping tablespoon dark roast ground coffee to 1 cup water.
- Fill ice cube trays with cold coffee and freeze. This way you won’t dilute the coffee.
- Mocha version: Use chocolate almond milk or add 1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder before blending; sweeten to taste.
- For a pumped-up shake, add ½ scoop (2 Tbs) vanilla or chocolate protein powder before blending.
- Like it hot? Whisk hot coffee, steamed almond milk (heat in microwave or on stove) and desired extras.