Mexican Protein “Pizza” (or Tacos)
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup 1% or 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa (choose brands with 175 mg or less of sodium per serving)
- 2 small corn tortilla wraps OR 1 large whole grain wrap OR 150 calories worth of whole grain unsalted tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded romaine
- 2 Tbs chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbs chopped scallions
- 4 Tbs salsa (or more)
- ½ lime
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, mix beans, cottage cheese, cheddar and salsa.
- Place tortilla(s) or tortilla chips on a baking sheet; spread bean mixture over tortillas.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Add toppings; squeeze lime over top. Serves 1.
Per serving: 440 calories, 9 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g trans), 890 mg sodium, 13 g fibre, 9 g sugar, 33 g protein