Shrimp and Mango Couscous with Tomato Spinach Salad
Cooking for one? No problem! This is the perfect protein-packed meal that’s ready in a flash. Cooking for more? Just adjust the quantities (e.g., double or quadruple) as required.
- 5 large shrimp
- ¾ tsp + ½ tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbs low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 5 medium asparagus, chopped
- 3 Tbs whole wheat couscous
- ¼ cup chopped mango
- 2½ tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Toss shrimp with 3/4 tsp olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Spread on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to a boil in a small saucepan. Add asparagus; return to boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let sit 5-8 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Slice shrimp into ¾” pieces. Stir shrimp and mango into couscous; spoon onto a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk ½ tsp olive oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, parsley and lime zest. Drizzle over shrimp. Serve with Tomato Spinach Salad. Serves 1.
Tomato Spinach Salad: Toss ½ cup cherry tomatoes with ¼ tsp olive oil and a pinch sea salt. Bake 15 minutes at 400F or until tomatoes start to wrinkle. Spoon tomatoes on 3 cups baby spinach; sprinkle with 2 Tbs crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with ½ tsp olive oil and 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar.