- ½ cup whole grain flour (e.g., oat, whole wheat, brown rice)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup low-fat milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ cup 1% or 2% cottage cheese
- ¾ cup crumbled part-skim feta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion (about ¼ medium onion)
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes or chopped olives
- 2 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oregano and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Add milk, cheeses, onion, garlic, tomatoes or olives, and spinach; stir mixture well with a fork, and then fold in flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish; smooth top with back of spoon.
- Bake 45 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed and lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven; let cool 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Per serving: 149 calories, 8 g fat (4 g sat, 0 g trans), 470 mg sodium, 3 g fibre, 3 g sugar, 13 g protein