Almond Apricot Chicken Pita
No almonds? Omit or substitute another nut. Instead of dried apricots, try raisins, dried cranberries, halved grapes or chopped apple.
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- 1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped (I like to use poached chicken.)
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped into quarters
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 large whole grain pitas, halved
- In a small bowl, stir yogurt and Dijon.
- In a large bowl, add almonds, chicken, apricots, celery and parsley. Add Dijon mixture; toss to combine.
- Spoon chicken salad into pita halves. Alternatively, serve over mixed greens. Serves 4.
*To toast almonds: Spread almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes at 325 F or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Watch carefully—they burn quickly! Let cool (they will continue to crisp as they cool).