Broccoli Apple Salad
A crunchy, sweet variation on the garden variety green salad, this salad is the perfect potluck addition. Don’t forget the walnuts—they’re rich in alpha linolenic acid, an omega-3 fat that helps to fight inflammation, boost metabolism and optimize brain function.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (e.g., canola or olive)
- 4 Tbs fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 packet stevia OR 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (look for dried cranberries sweetened with fruit juice, not sugar)
- 2 large red apples, chopped into ½” cubes
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, 3 Tbs lemon juice, stevia and salt; add raisins; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with remaining 1 Tbs lemon juice. Add broccoli, walnuts, raisins and dressing; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled. Serves 6.