Carrot Beet Salad
Earthy and vibrant, this simple salad is a favourite. It’s so good for you, too: one serving has 110% of the daily value for vitamin A, which promotes skin, lung and eye health. Plus, beets are excellent for liver detoxification.
Tip: If you get beet juice on your hands, rub with lemon juice to remove the purple tint.
Beeturia = Urine or stool that turns red or pink after eating beets. Don’t panic—this is normal!
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 medium beets, peeled and grated
- 1½ Tbs olive or canola oil
- 3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 packet stevia OR ½ Tbs honey
- 4 oz. feta cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted (optional)
- Handful of Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, add shredded carrots and beets.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, stevia and salt. Add dressing to veggies; toss to combine.
- Top with feta and sunflower seeds. Garnish with parsley. Serves 6.