Creamy Kale Avocado Salad
This recipe is from the cookbook Enlightened Eating by Caroline Dupont. If you’re at a loss as to how to prepare kale (aside from kale chips), this is a delicious way to do it. Massaging kale until it wilts makes it more digestible, too.
- 1 head kale (any variety), washed and dried well
- 1½ Tbs fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Slice off thick stems from the centre of each kale leaf, and then tear each leaf into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, use hands to squeeze kale, salt and lemon juice together to wilt the kale.
- Add avocado; massage into kale until the mixture is creamy.
- Add tomato and green onion. Serve immediately. Serves 2 as a meal, 4-6 as a side dish.