Greek Chickpea Salad
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced (Tip: To take the “bite” out of raw onion, soak sliced onion in ice water for 10 minutes, and then drain.)
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 19-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Greek vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- In a large bowl, toss salad ingredients and vinaigrette. Serves 6-8.
Whisk 2 Tbs each red wine vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice with 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove), ½ tsp each dried basil and oregano, and ¼ tsp each sea salt and pepper.
Per serving: 220 calories, 10 g fat (4 g sat, 0 g trans), 502 mg sodium, 5 g fibre, 4 g sugar, 8 g protein