My (and Heather Graham’s) Favourite Broccoli Salad
This recipe is adapted from an old Shape article, which featured the recipe for actor Heather Graham’s (whatever happened to her anyway?) favourite broccoli salad. It calls for bottled French dressing, but naturally I made my own (natural) version, free of sugar and preservatives typical of bottled dressings. This salad is simple but so tasty—the hazelnuts and dressing take it from bunch-of-broccoli-and tomatoes to super flavourful salad. I often add chickpeas to make it a main meal.
- 6 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2-3/4 cup French dressing (recipe below)
- In a large bowl, add broccoli, tomatoes, nuts, cheese and 1/2 cup dressing; toss gently to combine. Add dressing to taste.
- 1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 packet stevia (equal to 2 tsp sugar)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash salt
- Whisk or blend all ingredients until smooth. Season to taste with more salt and/or stevia, if needed.
- Store in a jar in the fridge. Makes about 3/4 cup dressing.