Not only is this salad delicious, but it’s full of hunger-busting fibre and disease-fighting antioxidants, such as lycopene and vitamins A, E and C (one serving contains over 230% of the recommended daily intake for vitamin C!). Bonus: The healthy fats in olive oil and avocado boost the body’s ability to absorb the nutrients in the veggies.
- 1 lemon, juiced OR ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbs pomegranate seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice or vinegar, oil and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Serves 6.
Per serving: 155 calories, 8g fat (1 g sat, 0 g trans), 220 mg sodium, 6 g fibre, 11 g sugar, 3 g protein