Two-Minute Tofu Salad
Yes, tofu is tasteless on its own, but this recipe is tasty, I promise! It’s super healthful, too, with 12 grams of protein and 25% of the daily value for calcium. Serve on rye crispbreads (Wasa Light are my favourite), toasted Ezekiel bread or baby greens with cherry or grape tomatoes.
- 4 ounces (½ cup or ¼ block) extra firm organic tofu
- 2-3 tsp Dijon, stone ground or horseradish mustard
- 1 Tbs plain yogurt or light mayonnaise
- Salt-free seasoning (e.g., Spike Salt-Free Magic)
- Use a fork to mash tofu to a tuna-like consistency.
- Mix in mustard and yogurt or mayo.
- Season to taste. Serves 1.
Per serving: 117 calories, 7 g fat (1 g fat, 0 g trans), 132 mg sodium, 1 g fibre, 2 g sugar, 12 g protein