Green Bean “Fries”
As a Prince Edward Island native, I’m not one to knock the potato, but why not switch it up and pair these burgers with green bean “fries”–crispy and delicious, they’re perfect for dipping into ketchup, too! Plus, one cup of green beans has just 35 calories and boasts four grams of fibre and 30 percent of the daily value for vitamin C.
• 1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
• Cooking spray (or 1 tsp vegetable oil)
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp seasoning (e.g., garlic powder, all-purpose seasoning)
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450F (or 400F, if baking alongside burgers).
2. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spread beans on sheet, trying to ensure none overlap.
3. Spray beans lightly with cooking spray (or drizzle with oil). Sprinkle with salt, seasoning and Parmesan, if using. Use hands to lightly toss.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until hot and crispy. Serve immediately.
Per 1/6 recipe: 33 calories, 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g trans), 102 mg sodium, 3 g fibre, 1 g sugar, 2 g protein