Crispy Baked Tortilla Chips
Dunk these tasty tortilla chips in your favourite dip, such as hummus, guacamole or salsa; crumble over tomato soup or chili; or enjoy as a snack on their own. This recipe works great with pita bread, too. Double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd—they disappear fast!
- 2 7-8” whole grain tortillas
- Cooking spray (I use a Misto oil sprayer filled with olive oil.)
- 2 tsp spice (e.g., cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning)
- 1 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray).
- Lay tortillas on baking sheets; lightly spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with spice, Parmesan and salt.
- Slice tortillas into triangle-shaped wedges. Bake 8-10 minutes or crisp and lightly golden.
- Serve immediately or store chips at room temperature in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Serves 4.
Crispy Cinnamon Chips:
- Instead of spice and Parmesan, sprinkle tortillas with cinnamon and stevia (or raw sugar). Slice and bake as directed. Serve with Fruit Salsa (see below).
- In a medium bowl, combine diced fruit (try mango, apple and peaches) and berries (e.g., strawberries, raspberries).
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 Tbs fresh orange or lemon juice and 1 Tbs fruit preserves (sweetened with fruit juice, not sugar).
- Pour dressing over mixed fruit; toss to combine. Serve with baked cinnamon chips.