“Nut-So-Fried” Zucchini Sticks
Try my super easy, low-cal version of fried zucchini sticks. With 4 grams of fibre, 7 grams of protein and only 170 calories per serving, you could enjoy the entire batch guilt free!
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced into finger-size sticks
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs whole grain flour (e.g., oat, brown rice)
- ½ tsp all purpose seasoning (e.g., Spike Magic)
- ½ cup crushed Country Ranch Nut-Thins Crackers (about 24 crackers) (Pulse in food processor until coarsely ground.)
- Cooking spray (I fill a Misto with olive oil.)
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, whisk flour and seasoning. In another shallow dish, add egg white. In another shallow dish, add cracker crumbs.
- Coat zucchini sticks in flour. Shake off excess, and then dip in egg white to coat. Let excess drip off, and then coat in cracker crumbs.
- Place zucchini in an even layer on baking sheet so they don’t touch. Mist with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes; flip and mist with cooking spray. Bake 5 minutes more or until golden brown on the outside and tender inside. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
- If desired, dip in ranch dressing or warmed marinara sauce.
Per serving: 169 calories, 3 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g trans), 203 mg sodium, 4 g fibre, 7 g protein