Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
High in protein (6 grams per egg), hard-boiled eggs make egg-cellent snacks (sorry, couldn’t resist!), either eaten whole, with hummus (discard yolk and fill with hummus for a tasty snack), or on crackers. Or, use in salads and sandwiches. Prep a batch on Sunday to have on hand all week.
- 6 large eggs, organic preferred
- Place eggs in a pot large enough so eggs aren’t crowded. Cover eggs with cold water by 1 inch.
- Place pot on burner, cover, and set heat to high. As soon as it comes to a rolling boil, immediately remove pot from burner and place on a cool burner (keep covered).
- Let sit 16 minutes (set a timer!); immediately drain and run cold water over eggs until cool (or place eggs in a bowl of cold water).
- Once eggs are cool, tap on counter to break shell, and then peel in a bowl of cool water (keep egg immersed in water for easy peeling).
- Store eggs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.