Creamy Broccoli Soup (3 Ingredients!)
We all know broccoli is super nutritious, packed with fibre and cancer-fighting compounds, but raw broccoli can be hard to digest. This thick purée is easily digested, and it’s low in calories and fat. I sometimes substitute cauliflower or shelled frozen peas for broccoli—all variations are delicious!
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 5 Tbs long grain or wild rice
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- In a large pot, bring stock, rice and onion (if using) to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli; return to a boil. Cover and cook 5 minutes more. Let cool slightly, and then purée in a blender or food processor (or use an immersion blender). If soup is too thick, add water.
- Return soup to pot to reheat if necessary. Season to taste. If desired, garnish with a dollop of plain yogurt. Serves 4.
Per serving: 131 calories, 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g trans), 171 mg sodium, 3 g fibre, 5 g protein