Baked Banana Split
This banana “split” (literally!) tastes like banana chocolate chip bread and is so easy to make. It’s fun to eat, too—scoop it straight from the peel!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- 2 Tbs Greek yogurt or low-sugar frozen yogurt or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lay a square of foil on a baking sheet.Place banana on foil; cut a slit lengthwise across top. Push chocolate chips into slit. Wrap foil around banana, leaving the top open. Bake 20 minutes or until banana is soft and chocolate is melted.
- Remove from oven; carefully loosen the foil and push open the peel. Sprinkle with nuts and top with yogurt or ice cream. Serves 1.
Quick PB & Chocolate Banana: In a small dish, microwave 2 tsp mini chocolate chips and 1 tsp almond or peanut butter for 30 seconds on high; stir to mix. Spoon over a sliced banana, and top with 1 tsp chopped nuts if desired.