No-Bake Almond Chip Balls
Got five minutes, a bowl and a spoon? Then whip up these yummy balls! A perfect school snack, since they’re peanut free, these are a great on-the-go breakfast, too (pack up a few with an apple and you’re good to go). Feel free to double or triple the batch—these will go fast!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 6 Tbs ground flaxseed (use golden flax–not dark–for a lighter taste)
- ¼ cup almond butter (if using salted, omit sea salt)
- 4 Tbs maple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Tbs mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 2 Tbs raisins
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients until well combined. (If sunflower seed butter was in fridge, microwave for 30 seconds to make it easier to stir.)
- Using hands, roll into 15 balls. Store in fridge or freezer.
Tips & Variations:
- Use any nut or seed butter (natural variety, with no added sugar) instead of sunflower seed butter.
- Try other nuts or seeds (e.g., sliced almonds, sunflower seeds) instead of sunflower seeds.
- Substitute maple or almond extract for vanilla.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons chia and/or hemp seeds; omit equal amount flax.
- Use dried cranberries, other dried fruit (chopped apricots, currants, etc.) instead of raisins
- Add ¼ cup shredded dried coconut.
- Add ¼ cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder; omit ¼ cup oat flour.
Per ball: 94 calories, 5g fat (1g sat, 0g trans), 1mg sodium, 1g fibre, 6g sugars, 2g protein