One-Minute Apple Crisp (for One!)
Quick and easy, this perfectly portioned snack has a fraction of the calories and fat (yet all the flavour) of apple pie. Have it for breakfast, too (top with protein-rich Greek yogurt for even more staying power).
- 1 small chopped apple
- 1 Tbs quick oats
- 1 Tbs sliced almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbs raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 packet stevia or 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- Place chopped apple in a small microwave-safe dish or ramekin.
- Sprinkle with oats, almonds, raisins, stevia and cinnamon.
- Microwave on high 60 seconds or until apple is warmed through and tender. Or, bake in the oven at 350 F until hot, about 15 minutes. Serves 1.
Per serving: 157 calories, 3 g fat (0g sat, 0g trans), 3 mg sodium, 6 g fibre, 21 g sugar, 3 g protein
Tip: Choose organic apples when possible. Apples are the number one offender in EWG’s “dirty dozen” fruit and vegetables (those with the most pesticide residue). And wash all fruit and vegetables before eating, organic or not!