Protein Cookie Dough
Yes, in case you hadn’t noticed, I love experimenting with protein powder (though not as much as this blogger, who is an expert at making delicious protein-packed goodies. This recent concoction has become a new fave. Try it for breakfast, a snack or even dessert!
- 2 Tbs canned pumpkin
- 2 Tbs unsweetened applesauce
- ½ scoop (2 Tbs) vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Cinnamon and stevia to taste
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill or pop in freezer for a few minutes, if desired.
- For a chocolate version, use chocolate protein powder or add 1 Tbs cocoa and 1 extra packet stevia (or more).
- Stir in mini chocolate chips or raisins, or top with brown rice cereal, sunflower seeds or sliced almonds for crunch.
- For a denser texture, use all pumpkin (add more stevia).
- For more “cookie dough” flavour, use 3 Tbs oats and 1 Tbs coconut flour.
- Use almond extract instead of vanilla (add almond extract a couple drops at at time—a little goes a long way).
- Add a dash of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice.
- Top with chopped fresh fruit or berries—blueberries are especially delicious!