“Secret Ingredient” Blender Brownies (Gluten- & Dairy-Free!)
- 1 398-mL can black beans (1½ cups), well rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil (e.g., olive, canola or walnut oil)
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 6 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 15 packets stevia (equivalent to ½ cup + 2 Tbs sugar) OR 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder (*Adding baking powder yields a more “cake-y” brownie; omit for more “fudge-y” brownies.)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray); set aside.
- Blend beans, eggs, applesauce, oil, vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon, stevia (or sugar) and baking powder in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over batter. Bake 25 minutes. Let cool, and then slice into 16 squares. Refrigerate.
Per square: 65 calories, 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g trans), 19 mg sodium, 2 g fibre, 2 g sugar, 3 g protein