I wouldn’t exactly classify these as health food, but they’re a relatively harmless way to satisfy a chocolate craving. Plus, they require no baking and just three ingredients! Choose dark chocolate (the darker the chocolate, the less sugar it contains) and low-sugar cereal made without artificial sweeteners.
- 4 Tbs dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 Tbs natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1 cup high-fibre “twiggy” cereal (e.g., PC Blue Menu Fibre First Multi-Bran cereal)
- Melt chocolate chips and nut butter in microwave for 1 minute on high or until melted (do not overcook—chocolate will scorch).
- Stir chocolate and nut butter until smooth. Stir in cereal.
- Place tablespoons of batter on a plate lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens. Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Makes about 10 cookies.
Per cookie: 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g trans), 54 mg sodium, 3 g fibre, 3 g sugar, 1 g protein
- Add 2 Tbs chopped raisins to cereal, and then stir into chocolate mixture.
- Replace cereal with pretzel sticks (break into small pieces).