Fuel up before yoga or a workout with this energizing blend. For easy portion control, dole 1/3 cup measures into small bags or containers. For a tasty treat, stir a couple spoonfuls into Greek yogurt, applesauce or cottage cheese.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, raw and unsalted
- 1 cup soy nuts, unsalted
- 1 cup dried fruit, no sugar or oil added (e.g. raisins, chopped dried apricots, cranberries, currants)
- 1½ cups shredded wheat squares
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine seeds, soy nuts, dried fruit, cereal and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to an airtight container or bag.
Per serving (1/3 cup): 180 calories, 9 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g trans), 73 mg sodium, 3 g fibre, 8 g protein
Did you know? Soy “nuts” are actually roasted soybeans and are high in fibre, iron and protein (17 grams per half cup!).